Since the establishment of the enterprise, work has been carried out to improve the culture of labor safety, the formation of a conscious attitude to safety issues, intolerance to violations. Moreover over the years the employees of the enterprise only become stronger in the desire to follow the best practices in the field of labor protection, industrial and environmental safety. Such an attitude is largely due to the personal commitment of the company's management to the principles of safety, the confidence that there can be no trifles in matters of safety. The arrangement of control and analysis of the results at all production sites is entrusted to the Health, Safety and Environment Department (HSE) - a team of specialists whose common goal is to completely eliminate accidents at work, to achieve a leading position among manufacturing enterprises in terms of key indicators in the field of labor protection, industrial and environmental safety.
Preserve the life and health of people working at the enterprise, ensure the safety of the population living in the regions where the company operates, protect society and the environment from risks in the field of industrial safety - these are one of the main values that “BURINTEKH”, Ltd is guided by in the implementation of production activities.
The main task in the field of labor protection as a life and health protection system in the course of work is to ensure safe working conditions. Responsibility for the organization of work aimed at preserving the life and health of the enterprise's employees, creating safe working conditions, and organizing accident-free work is assigned to the HSE Department. However managers of all levels also play an important role in the process of improving OHS management system. They show intolerance to potentially dangerous situations and violation of health and safety requirements, they serve as an example, using all necessary personal protective equipment in their work. Also managers of different levels of production management conduct regular checks, which form the basis of regular production control at the workplace, which allows preventing injuries, accidents, fires by promptly identifying deviations from the requirements of safety rules and standards, and taking the necessary measures to eliminate them.
The first level of control is carried out by foremen, section managers, regional representatives and other direct supervisors. The second level of control is by the heads of services, chief specialists, senior foremen, employees of the HSE Department. The third level of control is carried out by the General Director, Chief Engineer, Deputy General Directors, and Head of the HSE Department.
Main tasks of production control:
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements of occupational health, industrial, fire safety and environmental protection, sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population, protection of the population and territories from natural and man-caused emergencies, enterprise industrial standards;
- development of measures aimed at improving labor safety performance and environment mitigation;
- monitoring compliance with the requirements established by federal laws and other regulatory legal acts;
- coordination of work aimed at preventing accidents and emergencies at work, ensuring readiness for the localization of accidents and mitigation of consequences.
Achieving the tasks set for production control is carried out by:
- identification of hazards and risk assessment at all stages of production;
- taking the whole range of preventive measures to eliminate the possibility of accidents, emergencies and environmental misconduct;
- observance of the priority of the planned and implemented actions and measures related to the prevention (elimination) of the occurrence of incidents, accidents, before the measures for their elimination;
- introduction of new progressive technologies, equipment, materials and increasing the level of process control automation;
- conducting analysis of the labor safety performance in structural divisions;
- ensuring the quality of the examination of newly commissioned facilities;
- control over the timely conduct of the necessary tests and technical examinations, extension of the service life of technical devices used at hazardous production facilities, repair and verification of control measuring devices;
- compliance with process and workplace discipline.
Over the years of the existence of HSE Department its employees have done a lot of work to optimize the issues of labor protection and industrial safety. The main goal of the Department remains to minimize the incidence of injuries and the complete elimination of accidents at work.